Featured Article – Sep 30, 2014
Posted in: Giveaways,
Fall has officially arrived. To reflect on all of the fun we had this summer, we’re holding a #sadsummersover Instagram contest. Enter now for your chance to win a two-night bed and breakfast stay at the resort.Read More/Comment
Posted in: Weddings,
Date: May 14, 2014
Congratulations on your engagement! Now it’s time to plan the biggest party of your life. But where should you start? We recommend staring with the basics:
What is your wedding budget?
We know it’s not the most romantic topic to think about, but the answer to this question will serve as a guide to the rest of your wedding planning. Being realistic about your budget up front will save you a lot of stress in the long run.
Where do you want to hold your wedding?
Do you want a destination wedding? A wedding where you grew up? Do you want your wedding ceremony and reception at the same location? Indoor? Outdoor? The most popular venues book up far in advance so you will want to nail this down early in the planning process.
When would you like to get married?
Have you always dreamed of a spring wedding or maybe a winter wedding? The time of year you want to get married may dictate where you will get married. At the same time, the availability of your dream wedding location may dictate when you get married. Again, we cannot stress the importance of deciding the when and where early on in the planning process.
Who do you want to invite to the wedding?
This is sometimes a little harder to determine right away, but try to get as close to the final number of guests as possible. You certainly don’t want to try to squeeze 200 people into a church made to seat 50. Make a list of the people you absolutely want at your wedding as a jumping off point, then build from there.
At the Woodlands Resort, we provide our brides-to-be with a wedding planning checklist to assist with the planning process. You can check out our wedding checklist here. It provides some great tips for each month leading up to the big ceremony.
Date: May 05, 2014
Each day between 5/5 and 5/9 we will post an extremely close-up photo on our blog of nature found at the resort. Correctly guess what is portrayed in the photo below and you could win an Escape to Nature Pack from The Woodlands Resort.
Once you make your guess, you will be able to enter one of 2 ways:
- Complete the form that will be on this page starting on May 5 and submit your guess.
- Email your guess to email@example.com along with your contact name, address, phone and email. Rembember to also include a statement that you have read and agreee to the official rules.
On each of the following days (5/5, 5/6, 5/7, 5/8, and 5/9) the image will change. You will have until midnight (12 am CT) each day to enter your guess. One entry per person per day. You may not enter more than one time per day or with multiple e-mail addresses. Use of a false email address will disqualify an entry.
NOTE: If you post the answer on our Facebook page or other social media channels or websites you will be disqualified.
Five (5) Contest Winners will each receive:
- A backpack;
- Water bottle;
- Puffy PineCone™ plush;
- $25 Gander Mountain gift card; and
A “Bed and Breakfast Package” from The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center that includes:
- One night Deluxe Accommodations for 2
- Full breakfast for 2 in The Woodlands Dining Room
- Unlimited access to Sauna, Steam Room, Whirlpool
- Unlimited Access to Fitness Center and Forest Oasis Waterscape
Please read the rules below enitrely before you enter.
Winners will be announced later this week.
THE WOODLANDS RESORT & CONFERENCE CENTER “KNOW YOUR NATURE” CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center’s ("Sponsor") contest (“Contest”) begins at 08:30 am Central Time (“CT”) on Monday, May 5, 2014 via its Contest Blog Page at http://blog.woodlandsresort.com/posts/the_woodlands_resort_know_your_nature_contest and ends at 11:59 pm CT on Friday, May 9, 2014 (“Contest Period”). This Contest shall be subject to these Official Rules and, by entering, all entrants agree to be bound by the terms and conditions herein. Any infraction of these rules will lead to the disqualification of the entry.
ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open to legal residents in the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, except residents of the state of Rhode Island, who are at least eighteen (18) years old. Employees, officers, directors and agents of The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center and their respective parent companies, affiliates, promotion and advertising agencies and members of their immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling or child and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and persons living in the same household of such employees, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. Contest is void in the state of Rhode Island, outside the continental United States, and where prohibited by law, regulation, statute or other appropriate authority, and is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws. Sponsor reserves the right to verify all eligibility qualifications. All eligible individuals as defined herein are referred to as "Entrant".
HOW TO ENTER:
- Starting Monday, May 5 2014, The Woodlands Resort will post an extremely close-up photo of nature that you might find at the resort on The Woodlands Facebook Contest Blog page.
- To enter, Entrant must complete all required fields of the contest entry form, including a guess of what is portrayed in the photo displayed on the contest entry page.
- As an alternative to entering via the online form, the Entrant may email their guess to firstname.lastname@example.org along with their contact name, phone and email. The email subject line must read “Know Your Nature Contest Entry”.
- On each of the following days (5/5, 5/6, 5/7, 5/8, and 5/9) the image will change.
- Entrant will have until midnight (12 am CT) each day to enter a guess.
- Entrants may enter one time per day during the Contest period.
- Entrant must indicate that they have read, accept, and agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
- One entry per person per day. Entrants may not enter more than one time per day or with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter more than one time per day using multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified from participation in the Contest and all entries from that individual will be considered void. Use of a false account or email address will disqualify an entry.
- Sponsors decisions are final on all matters relating to this Contest.
By participating, Entrant agrees:
- To be bound by these Official Rules.
- To receive periodic emails from The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. Entrant is free to unsubscribe at any time
- That any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with participating in this Contest but, in no event, attorneys’ fees, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages and any other damages, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, some jurisdictions do not allow the limitations or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
- That Sponsor has the right to use Entrant’s first name, last name, and city and state, photograph, image, and likeness on Sponsor’s website and in any and all publicity and advertising for Sponsor without any further attribution, notification or compensation to participant except where prohibited by law.
- To be contacted by Sponsor by public announcement, telephone, mail or email regarding this Contest.
- To release and hold harmless Sponsor and its agents for any liability, damages, loss or injury resulting from participation in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize provided in this Contest.
- That the laws of the State of Texas shall apply exclusively to the Contest and that any dispute with respect to the Contest shall be resolved in either the federal or state courts located in the State of Texas, without regard to choice of law rules. Entrants and prize recipients assume sole liability for injuries, including personal injuries and/or damage to person or property, caused or claimed to be caused by participating in this Contest or the acceptance, possession, shipping and handling, loss, use or misuse of any prize provided.
Five (5) Contest Winners will each receive a backpack, water bottle, Puffy PineCone™ plush, $25 Gander Mountain gift card, and a “Bed and Breakfast Package” from The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center that includes:
- One night Deluxe Accommodations for 2
- Full breakfast for 2 in The Woodlands Dining Room
- Unlimited access to Sauna, Steam Room, Whirlpool
- Unlimited Access to Fitness Center and Forest Oasis Waterscape
- Total ARV of one package is $325.00.
- Potential winner(s) will be selected in a random drawing held daily during the contest period from all eligible entries received.
- Limit one (1) prize per individual/household during the Contest Period.
- The random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor.
- Winners of the “Enchanted Romance Package” will be contacted by e-mail at the e-mail address provided on the registration page. Sponsor will make 3 attempts via email to contact Entrant. If no response is given, the Sponsor will disqualify Entrant from winnings. Sponsor is not responsible for invalid email address entry.
- All prizes will be fulfilled 6 weeks after the conclusion of the Contest Period.
- Prizes are non-transferable, and no substitutions are allowed except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value, should the prize become unavailable for any reason.
- The awarded “Bed and Breakfast Package” must be utilized before December 31, 2014. Reservations will only be accepted on space availability only. No extensions will be given. The discount cannot be combined with any other offer or existing reservation. It is also not available for group business. The awarded “Bed and Breakfast Package” will not be honored if the provided certificate is lost or stolen.
- By accepting any prize, winners consent to use of his/her name or likeness for advertising/publicity purposes without further consideration, except where prohibited by law.
- Prizes are awarded “as-is” with no warranty or guarantee of any kind either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement. Sponsor is not liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive or consequential loss or damage of any kind arising from or related to the prize or use of the prize. No substitution, assignment, or transfer of any portion of the prize is permitted, except that Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to provide cash or substitute prizes of approximately equal or lesser value.
- All expenses not specified above, including, without limitation, all federal, state, and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the individual winner. Prizes may be awarded by mail or shipped to winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Income, and other taxes (if any), on the value of the prize are the sole responsibility of the winner. A form 1099 will be filed with the IRS.
- Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of the Website, or who otherwise violates these Official Rules. Sponsor may prohibit any individual from participating in the contest or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said individual is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the contest by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair practices; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner at any time during the Contest, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Entry and participation in the Contest is subject at any time to verification by Sponsor.
- Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest if it cannot be completed as planned due to computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, technical failures, other conditions beyond Sponsor's control, or for any other reason at Sponsor’s sole discretion, and to select winner from eligible entries received on or before the termination date.
- Sponsor is not responsible for any failure to contact entrants, whether due to technical or human error. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the email account associated with the email submitted with the entry is registered. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants.
- Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for Contest.
- Any communication or information transmitted to Sponsor and/or the Website electronically or otherwise is and will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete entries.
- Sponsor is not responsible for phone, network, electronic or computer hardware or software failure, or technical failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, fraud, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions, whether caused by Sponsors, Entrant or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the promotion or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit a participant’s ability to participate in the promotion. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, misdirected or incomplete entries.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ENTRANTS TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW AND TO DISQUALIFY THE ENTRANT FROM THE CONTEST.
Winners List: A list of the winners will be posted on The Woodlands Resort Facebook page by June 1, 2014.
Odds of Winning: The total number of valid entries received will determine odds of winning. Each entry will have an equal chance of winning.
Sponsor: The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center, 2301 Millbend Drive, The Woodlands, TX 77380
For questions, please email email@example.com.
© 2014 The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Date: April 28, 2014
Show Mom how much you appreciate all she does this Mother’s Day by adding a little sparkle and relaxation time to her life. The Woodlands Resort’s “Mom’s Day to Sparkle” package provides Houston-area moms the chance to unwind in deluxe accommodations for four with the added indulgence of a $100 gift card and pair of sterling silver earrings from Shannon Fine Jewelry.
The package also includes champagne at turndown service, late checkout, and unlimited access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, resort’s fitness center and Forest Oasis Waterscape™.
Pricing for the package starts at $274 per night and may be booked by calling 866-361-5674 or visiting www.woodlandsresort.com.
In addition to the Mother’s Day package, we will also be hosting a Mother’s Day Champagne Brunch on Sunday, May 11th from 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Families will enjoy the natural setting overlooking Lake Harrison while listening to live music, sipping champagne and experiencing the elaborate offerings from the resort’s culinary team in The Woodlands Dining Room.
This year’s elaborate brunch spread will feature traditional breakfast favorites including made-to-order Omelets, Cheese Blintzes, Eggs Benedict, Belgian Waffles and a Pancake Bar. Guests will also enjoy seasonal salads, a selection of hot entrees, and more.
Mother’s Day Brunch is $52 per adult; $22 for children 6-12; and $15 for children 2-5; pricing excludes tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and may be made by calling (281) 364-6323. The Woodlands Resort is located at 2301 North Millbend Drive.
Posted in: Travel Tips,
Date: April 25, 2014
Summer is the busy season when it comes to travel. Although planes are more packed and rates tend to go up, you can still achieve some savings when booking your flight. Here are a few tidbits of information to help you get the best deal.
• Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are generally the cheapest days to fly (unless it is a holiday).
• You should try to book about four to six weeks ahead of time. If trying to travel around a holiday you’ll want to book three months in advance for the best rates.
• Search for low fares based on flexible dates within a travel window. Choosing one day before or after your original selection could save you $100.
• If your itinerary is complicated use a travel agent. It could help you avoid an airline-fee surprise or two.
• Keep an eye out for promo codes from the airlines. Some recent ones from a few major carries have offered up to $300 off.
• Flying Internationally? Find out which international carriers fly directly to their home country from your nearest international airport.
• Follow your favorite carriers via social media. More and more airlines are posting special sales deals via their Facebook pages and Twitter.
• Early Tuesday is a good time to check rates as that is when low-cost carriers generally announce their sales.
• Check the flight-prediction tool on Bing Travel to see if prices are expected to go up, down or remain the same, based on historical data.
• Always check the fine print on any special offer. You may not be able to use your savings during key travel periods. A saving is useless if you can’t use it.
Date: April 11, 2014
Peter Cottontail is hopping his way down the bunny trail to The Woodlands Resort for Easter Sunday Brunch. Guests will enjoy a bevy of buffet offerings, a bit of bubbly, live music entertainment and a special visit from the Easter bunny.
The Woodlands Resort’s Easter Champagne Brunch will be served on Sunday, April 20 from 10:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in The Glass and The Woodlands Dining Room. Prices are $52 per adult, $22 for children 6-12 and $15 for children 2-5; pricing excludes tax and gratuity.
The resort’s culinary team has created an elaborate brunch menu for the event, which includes a made-to-order omelet station, a Belgian waffle and pancake bar, and a carving station with a variety of roasted meats.
Guests will also enjoy traditional breakfast items, seasonal salads, hot entrees, a sushi and fresh cold seafood display, an antipasto display and an array of heavenly desserts.
Reservations are required and may be made by calling (281) 364-6323. The Woodlands Resort is located at 2301 North Millbend Drive.
Date: April 03, 2014
Approximately 20.9 Million people attend trade shows, conferences and conventions per year. Here are a few tips to think about before you attend your next conference.
Every business conference serves some purpose. Think about what you intend to get out of the conference and plan accordingly. Do your homework before you arrive. Know what you need to bring and who will be there, so you may make the most of it. Set up any appointments with your contacts in advance so as to be mindful of their time and other commitments at the conference as well.
As you plan your conference wardrobe, make sure you understand the general dress code of the event. Business casual is becoming the norm, but if everyone else is showing up in full business regalia, you’ll automatically lose reputation points by dressing down.
Preserve Your Reputation
Speaking of your reputation, conference attendees often view these offsite meetings as a time to let loose. While it’s okay to have fun, know you are still there for business reasons. Show respect for everyone around you and be aware of the conversations that you are having. You never know who’s listening. Also, keep the alcohol consumption within reason. You want to have a reputation for being a thought leader at the conference, not for the person that had one too many.