Featured Article – Sep 30, 2014
Posted in: Giveaways,
Fall has officially arrived. To reflect on all of the fun we had this summer, we’re holding a #sadsummersover Instagram contest. Enter now for your chance to win a two-night bed and breakfast stay at the resort.Read More/Comment
Posted in: Great Gatherings,
Date: January 06, 2014
Come join The Woodland’s loveable mascot, Puffy Pine Cone, for a fun indoor beach party to whisk away the winter blues. We are hosting a “Summer in Winter” breakfast with Puffy Pine Cone on January 25, 2014 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am. Activities will include a hoola hoop contest, limbo fun, arts and crafts and more. Muffie the Clown will also be joining in the fun to help spread the warm summer cheer. Each attendee will receive a Puffy Pine Cone stuffed animal to take home. Chef will be serving up Puffy’s breakfast favorites including homemade pastries, omelets and waffles.
The resort will also be giving away a Family of Four Fun Package to be used during the opening of the resorts new lazy river. The package includes deluxe accommodations, full breakfast daily for four in The Woodlands Dining Room, half day bicycle rental for four, a family welcome cookie, and unlimited access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, fitness center and Forest Oasis Waterscape.
The cost of the breakfast for adults is $21.95 and $16.95 for children 12 and under. Reservations are recommended, but not required. For more information or to make a reservation, call us at 281-364-6292
Posted in: Ways To Play,
Date: December 23, 2013
Come celebrate New Year's Eve in The Woodlands, just a few minutes drive north of Houston. After counting down to 2014, escape away to your own private retreat with deluxe resort accommodations, breakfast for two, champagne, and late check out at 2 pm. What better way to start off the new year than in a relaxed state of mind? Come stay with us close to home, but worlds away! Call to book now - 281.367.1100.
Posted in: Great Gatherings,
Date: December 18, 2013
Let us do the cooking for you and your family this Christmas Day at our Holiday Champagne Brunch. Feast on traditional favorites such as Belgian waffles, eggs Benedict and more while listening to live music and enjoying views of Lake Harrison. Seatings at 11:00 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. Pricing is $52 per adult, $22 for children 6-12, $15 for children 2-5, and children under 2 are free; pricing excludes tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and may be made by calling The Woodlands Resort at (281) 364-6292.
Date: December 13, 2013
The Holidays are a wonderful time to spend with family and friends. However, the process of traveling to be with family and friends is not always so wonderful. Here are a few tips to lessen the stress:
Let go of what you can’t control
Wintry weather, crowded airplanes and highways, flustered personnel, and unexpected delays are all aspects of your trip that are beyond your control. If you know this going into your travels and accept it you will be in a much better mental state of mind.
There are plenty of apps that can help you stay up to date on the lastest changes to your travel itinerary. GateGuru keeps you posted in real-time on any updates to your itinerary such as security wait times, flight delays, gate changes or layover time adjustments. It also provides gate-by-gate listings of restaurants, bookstores, ATMs and other services at 120 airports worldwide.
Give yourself enough time
Arrive early at the airport. Check in online before you head to the airport and print your boarding passes at home. If driving leave early enough that unexpected stops won’t hinder your drive time schedule.
Pack a ‘delay’ survival kit
Think of this as anything you would need to keep the peace – extra snacks, games, books, and magazines. If traveling with kids make sure you have enough necessities to cover an unexpected delay – diapers, wipes, and formula.
Date: December 09, 2013
We're giving away ten Family Four packs of tickets to The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center starting today through December 18. Don't miss out on your chance to skate on the largest seasonal outdoor ice rink in the southwest. Enter here for your chance to win: https://a.pgtb.me/z3pLSG Tickets include free skate rental.
Date: December 04, 2013
This recipe from Executive Chef John Brazie marries the classic holiday flavors of peppery gingerbread with creamy cheesecake.
Bake/Cook time: 250*F, in a water-bath for approx. 60 minutes or until done
Yield: One 10" round pan with toasted graham cracker crust
• 2 lbs cream cheese
• 12 oz granulated sugar
• 4 eggs
• 1 oz vanilla extract
• 2 oz. molasses
• 1 ½ tsp salt
• 1 tsp ground ginger
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 tsp ground nutmeg
• 1 tsp ground cloves
• ½ tsp lemon zest
• Toasted graham crackers
1. Pre-heat oven to 275*F.
2. Line the bottom of the baking pan with parchment paper then cover with a thin layer of toasted graham crackers (If using a "spring-form" style pan, make sure to wrap some foil to cover the outside bottom and sides of the pan so no water from the water-bath will leak into the cheesecake pan/mixture)
3. Cream the cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl with a paddle, scraping sides of the bowl and the paddle to keep the mix smooth.
4. Add eggs slowly to the cheese mixture, scraping the bowl’s sides and paddle as needed to keep the mix smooth; add vanilla extract to incorporate.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the molasses salt, zest and spices; add it slowly to the cheese mixture to incorporate, scraping the sides of the bowl and paddle to keep the mix smooth.
6. Pour the mixture into the 10” pan.
7. Place the cheesecake in the pan into a large, shallow roasting pan. Transfer to the oven, and carefully add enough water to the roasting pan to come about halfway up the sides of the 10” pan. Bake until the cheesecake is set but still slightly wobbly in center – approximately 60 minutes. Carefully remove the 10” pan from the roasting pan, and let cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate, uncovered, for at least 8 hours (preferably overnight).