Featured Article – Aug 24, 2014
Summer is coming to an end, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop just yet. Here are the top five reasons to close out the summer with The Woodlands Resort this Labor Day weekend.Read More/Comment
Posted in: Travel Tips,
Date: February 10, 2014
You’re going on vacation with the best intentions to go off the grid. You’ve promised yourself that you’ll only use your digital devices when absolutely necessary. But sometimes when our electronic devices have replaced so many of our former vacation convenience items (watch, guide books, camera, etc.) it’s not so easy. So why not truly unplug with a few of these tips?
• Depart with a full battery, but leave all of your chargers at home. You’ll be more apt to be conservative in its use if you know the battery may run out.
• Delete the app you are most tempted to use or check in with from your phone and reinstall it when you return.
• Bring a camera. Having a separate camera will make you less apt to spend time uploading your photos to social sites, check emails, or surf the web.
• Bring a book. If it’s an electronic reader, see the bullet above – you may want to bring a paperback.
• If traveling in a group, create an “off the grid” box that everyone deposits their devices in as an agreement that it will be an electronics-free vacation.
• Wear a watch. Or better yet, don’t. The point of vacation is to unwind.
• Plan ahead. In this new generation we’ve become accustom to being available for our bosses, clients, colleagues and others 24 hours a day, seven days a week. When you make a point of giving plenty of advanced notice to everyone that you are going on vacation and plan to be off the grid, you’ve now created a fair expectation that you won’t be available. You’ll be surprised how many of them will encourage you to enjoy your time sans digital device.
Posted in: Travel Tips,
Date: January 31, 2014
There are hundreds of online options when it comes to booking travel, but nothing beats booking direct. Why? You remove the middleman. Booking direct can benefit your pocketbook and your overall experience.
Get the Best Price
Many hotels now offer best rate guarantees. At The Woodlands Resort, our best-rate guarantee means you won’t find a lower rate for our rooms online anywhere. If you find a rate that is viewable and bookable on another website for our property for the same room type, same dates and length of stay, we will verify it, and match it.
Receive a More Personalized Experience
Early check-in requests? Celebrating a special occasion? Speaking with the hotel staff while making your reservation creates an automatic personal connection and gives the resort a better understanding of how to make your stay more enjoyable. Speaking directly with the source can help you make the most of every moment.
Experience Greater Flexibility
Things happen in life that may require you to change your travel plans. A general rule of thumb is the more parties between you and the service provider, the more difficult it is to resolve an issue. Booking directly with the resort will enable you to easily speak directly to a person in charge to help facilitate any changes.
Date: January 23, 2014
For some, romance is a 5-course meal and a rare bottle of wine. For others, there’s nothing more romantic than sharing a caddy for 18-holes on a bright, sunshiny day. No matter how you spell romance, The Woodlands Resort has the perfect Valentine’s Day ready for you. Designed just for Valentine’s Day, our ‘Pick Your Passion’ option lets you personalize your Valentine’s Day stay.
The “Valentine’s Day Lavished in Love” romance package includes overnight stay for two in deluxe accommodations, champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries upon arrival, turndown service, breakfast in bed with champagne, orange juice and pastries, late checkout, unlimited access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, resort’s fitness center and Forest Oasis Waterscape™. Pricing for the package starts at $326 per night.
In addition to this package, you may add a Pick Your Passion option.
• Eat – This Pick Your Passion option is a foodie’s delight. The add-on includes a decadent Chef Tasting menu prepared by Chef John Brazie with wine pairings chosen by Sommelier Aubram Kerschenbaum. You will also delight in a sensuous dessert in bed to be enjoyed in the privacy of your room.
• Unwind - This Pick Your Passion option is for those that want to get away from it all. You will receive two plush robes to take home and cozy up in while relaxing in the luxury of your room. A gift basket full of spa essentials is included.
• Play – For those that have a love of the greens, this Pick Your Passion option features a round of golf for two at one of the resort’s two 18-hole championship golf courses. It also includes his and her golf shirts from the pro shop.
Each Pick Your Passion enhancement is priced at $214. To make a reservation, call 866-361-5674 or visit http://www.woodlandsresort.com The W.oodlands Resort is located at 2301 North Millbend Drive.
Additionally, from 7-10 PM on Valentine’s evening, our resort’s candle-lit Lobby Bar will resonate with the intimate sounds of Romantic Guitarist Elario Lozano. Guests may indulge in a selection of savory small bites, sure to tantalize the taste buds, while enjoying one of the resort’s seductive libation offerings.
Date: January 20, 2014
This recipe from Executive Chef John Brazie is a quick and easy slider recipe with a fresh twist.
- 1 loaf French Bread
- 1 lb Home Grown Tomatoes – sliced ¼” to ½” thick
- 2 each 4 oz. Fresh Mozzarella Balls – drained
- 2 oz. Fresh Basil Leaves, Whole
- 1 each Lemon – zest from
- Coarse Sea Salt
- Freshly Ground Pepper
- Premium Olive Oil
- Grill or griddle bread, tomato & cheese.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add touch of lemon zest.
- Drizzle with olive oil and assemble with a with a hole basil leaf.
Posted in: Weddings,
Date: January 13, 2014
Your wedding venue selection is one of the biggest decisions you will make about your wedding day. We recommend sitting down before any site visits or phone calls and write out a list of questions you would like answered. Having the same list of questions answered by each potential wedding venue will make it easier for you to compare your options. Here are few examples of questions to think about asking. Don’t forget to include those questions that are unique to your event’s desires.
What dates are available in the month I’m considering? How many weddings are currently booked or could be booked on those days?
Is there a particular month that you would recommend based upon the natural beatification of your grounds?
Are there certain times of the year or days of the week that are more budget friendly?
What are my location options for hosting a wedding/reception at your facility?
How many people can your venue accommodate?
What is the rental fee and what is included in the price?
Can I host both my wedding ceremony and reception here? If I do hold both, is there an additional charge?
If I host my ceremony here, do you have a dedicated area for the bride to change?
How much of a deposit is required to hold the space? When is it due in the process and is it refundable? What is your required payment plan for the whole bill? Are there any service charges on top of the bill?
What is the cancellation policy?
Does the venue have liability insurance?
How long may I use the space? Is there a minimum of maximum rental time requirement? Are there fees charged if we stay longer than the allotted time?
Who is responsible for setting up and tearing down the event? What are my options? How early may we get in to the site for set up? Are there any decoration limitations?
Do you have an in house cater? If so, do I have the option of bringing in my own in my own caterer?
Are cakes made on the premise, or am I allowed to bring in a cake from the outside?
Are you licensed to provide alcohol service? If so, how is the alcohol priced? Is there an option for a hosted bar, a cash bar or a combination of the two?
Can I bring in my own vendors or must I select vendors from you preferred vendor list?
Is there parking on site? Is it complimentary? Do you offer valet parking and if so, what is the charge?
Do you offer on-site planning and coordination? Are there additional charges for this service? Will I be assigned to one planner that I will be in contact with the entire time and will they be there the day of my wedding?
Do you have overnight accommodations available for my guests? If so, do you offer group discounts to those in attendance?
Posted in: Great Gatherings,
Date: January 06, 2014
Come join The Woodland’s loveable mascot, Puffy Pine Cone, for a fun indoor beach party to whisk away the winter blues. We are hosting a “Summer in Winter” breakfast with Puffy Pine Cone on January 25, 2014 from 9:00 am – 11:00 am. Activities will include a hoola hoop contest, limbo fun, arts and crafts and more. Muffie the Clown will also be joining in the fun to help spread the warm summer cheer. Each attendee will receive a Puffy Pine Cone stuffed animal to take home. Chef will be serving up Puffy’s breakfast favorites including homemade pastries, omelets and waffles.
The resort will also be giving away a Family of Four Fun Package to be used during the opening of the resorts new lazy river. The package includes deluxe accommodations, full breakfast daily for four in The Woodlands Dining Room, half day bicycle rental for four, a family welcome cookie, and unlimited access to the sauna, steam room, whirlpool, fitness center and Forest Oasis Waterscape.
The cost of the breakfast for adults is $21.95 and $16.95 for children 12 and under. Reservations are recommended, but not required. For more information or to make a reservation, call us at 281-364-6292